Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Scatterbrain Day

Sunday, for me, is a bad day for writing. Earlier, I decided to edit a first draft that's been sleeping for about a week. It didn't happen. I then decided to do some rewriting on a newly rejected piece, but couldn't decide on a market to send it to. It's easier to look for markets before you rewrite; then you have an excuse not to rewrite when you don't find the perfect market.

There are no acceptances on Sundays--then again, there are no rejections either. (Although, one Sunday I inquired via email about three pieces I had sent out. The editor, that Sunday night, emailed me that he was accepting two of them--maybe some friend or relative of mine was in church that day, praying for me.)

Ever walk out of your house on Sunday and unconsciously check your mailbox? I have--just in case. I tend to do it with emails to, but then I have the excuse that I'm just checking my email.

Then you think, "Hey, Sunday's a day of rest anyway" while trying to forget that you didn't write Friday and Saturday either. Tomorrow's Monday--a day when the world gets back to being productive. I, too, can do that.

I'm going fishing--hey, it's Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home