Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Right Stuff

I would like to write more on this in the near future, but since I haven't written anything here in three days, I'd like to start the groundwork now.

With elections coming up next month, I've been seeing a lot of TV ads from candidates. What's confusing to me is this: you see an ad espousing a certain candidate. The content is disparaging to his/her opponent, while the candidate whose ad it is, is praised.

Then, at the end of the ad you see the candidate, and he says, "My name is John Smith and I approve this message."

Really? Why?--because the message has his opponent looking like the next key suspect in the JonBinet Ramsey murder, and the candidate who paid for the ad looking like the new Messiah?

I'll continue to watch these ads--waiting for some candidate who paid for the message say, "My name is John Smith, and I disapprove of this message."

4 Comments:

Blogger Frank Baron said...

Hiya Rich. Just passin' by your porch here and offering up a wave.

7:39 AM  
Blogger rich said...

Hey Frank,

Getting too cold to fish here; must be the same by you.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Shwebb said...

Stop by my blog, Rich, I have you tagged. I expect, being a fan of yours, that you will comply with the meme AND be funny and entertaining whilst doing so. MmmHmm! Or I shall bombard you will rapid-fire responses in chat until your fingers bleed and you won't be able to pick up your grandson.
http://www.webb-pages.blogspot.com

10:09 AM  
Blogger rich said...

Let me get this straight, shwebb: I write five things about myself on my blog. Is there a deadline? Do I then pick five other people to do the same?

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home